Thursday 21 March 2013

Last day in Baltimore

This is probably the penultimate post on this blog, as I'm preparing to fly home tomorrow. I am very much looking forward to seeing family and friends again. I feel that I have made a lot of new friends on this trip, and various people have told me I must come again... and that Chris must come too next time. That would be great! Conversely, I hope that I can welcome some of the people I have met to London in the future.

 I spent this afternoon at the Johns Hopkins Hospital, learning more about their infusion pump safety project and much of their other human factors work, such as that on the management of alarms and even the layout of space and technology in the new intensive care units. I didn't see a single patient, but I did see a lot of infusion devices! And (yet again) I have a lot of notes scribbled down that I need to transcribe and make sense of.

We went for a quick drink in the Owl Bar at the Belvedere (which used to be a hotel, but is now condos), and for a meal at the Brewer's Art. I have never before been served a mushroom that looked so much like a steak; in fact, it wasn't even a whole mushroom – just a slice of one. It was delicious, but sooooo big!

No comments:

Post a Comment